What is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Commercial auto insurance can cover a combination of vehicle types (trucks, cars) and drivers as well as some types of motorized equipment. It provides liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage while operating a company automobile as well as physical damage coverage for the value of the vehicle. Policies can be written to address uninsured motorists, medical payments, and a myriad of situations that arise as a result of how vehicles are owned and used in a business.
What it Covers
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage – pays for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident for which you are at fault and provides you with a legal defense.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage – provides you with protection if your car accidentally damages another person’s property. It also provides you with a legal defense.
- Combined Single Limit (CSL) – Liability policies typically offer separate limits that apply to bodily injury claims for property damage. A combined single limits policy has the same dollar amount of coverage per covered occurrence whether for bodily injury or property damage or for one person or several.
- Medical Payments, No-fault or Personal Injury Coverage – usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your car incurred as a result of a covered accident regardless of fault.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage – pays for your injuries and, in some circumstances, certain property damage caused by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. In some cases, underinsured motorist coverage is also included. This is for cases in which the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance.
- Comprehensive Physical Damage Coverage – pays for damage to or replacement of your car from theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and other covered perils.
- Collision Coverage – pays for damage to your car when it hits or is hit by another object.
Why You Should have Commercial Auto Insurance
Whether you are making deliveries, running errands for your business, or anything else that involves using your company car, you are liable for any damage that may happen to you or others. To maintain your business’s reputation that you worked so hard to build up, make sure that you keep all your values protected. Without commercial auto insurance, you could suffer serious losses that your company cannot afford.
Have your commercial vehicle covered today to keep your business going tomorrow.
Vehicles Covered Under Commercial Auto Insurance
- Regular cars and SUVs
- Catering trucks
- Light and medium weight dump trucks
- Utility vans
- Refrigerator trucks
- Tow trucks
With many different options, commercial car insurance can be confusing. We can help you with your commercial vehicle insurance needs in Jonesboro, Arkansas, including the Cabot, Conway, Mountain Home, Paragould, and Searcy areas. Contact one of the agents at Allison Insurance for your Arkansas commercial auto insurance needs.